Wednesday, October 31, 2007

Happy Halloween!

Or, Alternate Title: "C-C-C-Calorimetry!"

Happy Halloween to any and all readers out there in cyberland...I have no plans really, except that NATHAN is coming to visit me tonight! Yay! But we probably won't do anything. We're kind of partied out from our fantastic shindig last weekend. I have the photographic evidence from my costume...but the only catch is that this photographic evidence is currently located on my roommate's digital camera. I will have to prod it from her later tonight. The party was indeed a success, as was my costume.

Today, at work, I get to be (for the first time EVER, I'm so excited) a candy-hander-outer person. That's the technical term for it, of course. I work in a building on campus that helps with the education and special services for youth and children with disabilities. Some of the autistic kids are going to come up and trick or treat me - they have been learning how to say "TRICK OR TREAT!" and how to just take one, and keep their hands to themselves, etc. I'm so terribly excited, I have a bowl of candy ready for action on my desk and even brought some cat ears in to wear when they come in. I am prepared!

Also, as the alternate title suggests, I did, in fact, knit a calorimetry.

I was overcome by an intense need to create something. And then finish it shortly after starting the creation process. Read this as: "I want to make something, NOW."

So, I looked around for a good stashbusting project on Ravelry, something that would be a one-skeinish project, and found Calorimetry. I used one skein of Crystal Palace Fjord Solid, and I even swatched (!), so I was terribly proud of myself. I ended up knitting the thing on size 7 needles in stead of the required size 8, because my little swatchy friend told me (because I TOTALLY even washed it) that it would stretch a bit. It fits perfectly, and I even found a button to stick on it. It has been effectively warming my brain and my ears for the last two days. I am terribly happy.

Photographic evidence to be added later! Happy Halloween!

UPDATE: As promised, calorimetry pictures.








The button was just one I happened to have in a little tin I keep miscellaneous things in. It worked out all right, I think.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home