Monday, November 5, 2007

I am king.

I just had to notify the world that yes, indeed, I have moved to a blogging service that I am at long last happy with, and that functions PERFECTLY on both Internet Explorer and Firefox. Other browsers, I'm not so sure. But I'm keeping my fingers crossed.

New blog is pretty. New blog functions correctly and I actually know how to update it because all of the information I need is contained right there in one little HTML file. I couldn't be happier!

On the fiber front:

I've got some 50% alpaca, 50% wool gloves on the needles for Nathan for our third year anniversary. I swear, this yarn...(Berroco Ultra Alpaca) when I picked it out in the store, I saw reds and browns in it. It practically oozed manliness. When I wound the ball, it looked kind of brownish maroon. Yet, when I'm knitting it, depending on what light I'm in, it looks kind of purply-blue! Nathan has pointed out to me that these are rather unmanly colors. But he still smiled and said if I made them, he'd wear them. Aww.

I also spent several hours of my Saturday knitting a REALLY COOL sock that doesn't fit. I have no idea what I was thinking, seriously. I calculated my gauge, found a neato Fair isle pattern, and successfully knit the whole thing, then tried to stick it on my foot, and couldn't get it over my heel. Then I found out that I'm an idiot. I needed 8 inches around, I knit 6.6 inches. I think someone needs to slap me for that one. I honestly have no idea what I was thinking.

Good story, I know.

Lastly, Nathan has notified me that for our third year anniversary (as his gift to me), he wants to take me to a yarn shop and let! me! pick! out! something! for a project! Just as long as I promise not to like...leave him homeless or anything like that. He told me about this grand scheme because he wanted me to have time to think about a project I'd like to make and what I would need to make it. So, I think it'll have to be the Hemlock Ring Blanket by Jared Flood. I've wanted to make it for so so sooo long, and it'll make a great Christmas present.

I can't wait!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home