Monday, January 21, 2008

...now with more knitting pictures!

This entry will actually feature some pictures of knitting (no way)! But first:

A friend requested a pair of fingerless gloves in green, so I ran off to get the yarn for it today...when I noticed something different about the place. There seemed to be boxes on tables...boxes with patterns in them...for low prices! The yarn I needed was only around $5.25, so I perused a few of the bargain bins. There were three copies of Rowan 34, but nothing really stood out to me, so I didn't pick it up. I did, however, notice one more box near the cash register marked "Free patterns."

Upon noticing the box, I may have jumped slightly with glee and practically raced across the store.

I flipped through a few that looked kind of interesting, but then...right at the very back of the box was a book of patterns I never thought I would ever see.



Rebecca! I've perused the site before, I loved the patterns I saw, but the cost (and how long it would take to ship to me) have always kind of deterred me.

In the box was a book that's not even on their site - it's #9, and it's not in English, but it still seems to be straight forward. Nathan looked at it (he speaks some German) and was reading article titles to me. EDIT: I am stupid, and there's a booklet inside the magazine with all of the english translations of the patterns. Cool. Here are a few pictures of some of my favorite patterns:









Needless to say, I'm very excited about all the neat things I could make. I can't decide what I like best. But it'll have to wait until I finish up this one:





That's the finished cable yoke and part of the back. I'm apprehensive about the changes I'm making to the pattern, but every time I get nervous I just think: "learning experience...learning experience..." Progress is unfortunately slow on this one...I should reasonably be able to sit down and finish the back in one day (or two) but I never put more than a couple of inches on it at a time. I really want to see the finished product...I gotta kick myself in the ass and get working on it.

My last exciting photo is of Nathan's Shedir, which I'm making from a mossy colored silky wool. It looks really pretty, but it has quickly become apparent to me that I've made a mistake somewhere, because stitches are not in the correct position, and I'm "missing" a stitch at the end of the round. Bah.



I feel bad because I told him he would have a nice new hat this weekend, but it just didn't work out as well as I had hoped. Fooey, maybe next weekend. Maybe. And that's a big maybe, because my package full of fiber-y goodness arrived on Friday, and I can't wait to spin it up! I'm eager to see the colors in yarn form.

With all of these works-in-progress, my next update had better be exciting. And hopefully not five days in the making, like this one was. Oops.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home