Wednesday, January 9, 2008

Butter knives CAN be dangerous.

Here's yesterday's progress on Shedir - I hope to have it finished tonight...tomorrow at the latest. I could really use a snuggly new hat. It's pretty damn cold out.



It's coming along beautifully. I just finished the 3 repeats of the pattern (making it shorter, like many have done) and will now begin the decreasing section.

The title of today's post comes from a recently acquired wound. I was rushing to make myself a bagel this morning (because I had to make and eat the bagel in 5 minutes) and was about to cut it in half. The bagel was rather tough, and instead of puncturing the bread part of the bagel, when I made my "stabby" motion, I instead, slipped across the skin of the bagel and gouged myself in the finger with a butter knife. Hooray.



It is eerily similar to the one Nathan accidentally gave himself about a week ago - his is on the knuckle of his RIGHT index finger, and mine is is virtually the same spot, with the same weapon on my left index finger. I told him we would have morbidly cute symmetrical scars.

The downside of this (other than proving that I am both impatient and rather moronic, AND that I now have a cut on my finger) is that it is located on the knuckle. It's making knitting slower than usual. I have to keep the finger relatively straight, because if I bend it too much, I split the wound open again and it gets all oozy.

Eeeew.

So I'm not entirely sure whether or not Shedir will get the attention she deserves tonight, but I'll sure try. I'm ready to wear it already!

3 Comments:

Blogger KnitaSaur said...

Ouch! Knitting hurts with a papercut-that must suck!

January 9, 2008 at 6:44 PM  
Blogger NH Knitting Mama said...

Ugh... that hurts! I always give myself papercuts, and that can sometimes be a slow-down depending where they are.

January 10, 2008 at 5:17 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yikes! Hope the finger doesn't halt shedir progress completely!

January 11, 2008 at 8:34 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home