Tuesday, December 18, 2007

FINISHED: "BARBIE" ENDPAPER MITTS











Pattern: Eunny Jang's Endpaper Mitts
Yarn: Dale of Norway - Dalegarn Baby Ull
Needles: Takumi size 0 DPNs, Susan Bates size 2 DPNs.

I love this pattern so much. I would have enjoyed working on these more when I didn't have Christmas knitting to do for my own family (these are a gift for a friend's mom). They turned out looking great, though. These are always a winner. I may have even had a celebratory drink...or three...when I finished.

This means today I get to work on sock number two for my Dad. I mostly finished the first one, but the heel on it looks really strange. I think I had some gauge issues - after doing miles of stockinette for the body of the foot, I had to then turn the heel and I think that my brain had some trouble shifting into "purl" mode so the heel is of a different gauge than the rest of the sock, despite having been knit on the same needles. Nathan tried it on, and confirmed that the heel felt too big. So I'm putting the sock on some spare needles, and I'm going to knit up the other one and see what I can do about the heel. If I can fix it, I'll just rip the first sock back to the heel and redo it. It's worth it - the socks are really neat. When Nathan tried it on, he said: "You know, if these weren't for your Dad for Christmas...I would steal them. 'Cause they're pretty sweet." YES! Words a knitter loves to hear from her significant other. Maybe there are some socks for him in the near future. We'll see.

Lastly: There is a mooch in the house. She eats your food when you aren't looking, she jumps into your arms while you're standing around. She'll lick you like there's no tomorrow, and she is a hopeless attention whore. She also likes to try to eat yarn and needles, if she sees them. Interfering with knitting photoshoots is also a recently developed skill of hers. Who would do such things to an innocent knitter such as myself?



Cleo would.

This means war.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home