Monday, December 3, 2007

I swear, there's been progress.

It's just that in the last week, my body decided to strike me down with not one, but two sicknesses. Sickness one had me waking up on Wednesday with the worst sore, swollen throat and fever. I had to go to work, because...if I don't go to work, I don't have a place to sleep/can't eat/can't drive my car/can't buy yarn. So I went...and drank MASSIVE amounts of hot, wonderful tea. Thursday was better. No more fever, no more sore throat. A little bit of a scratch remained, but I felt tons better.

Saturday, though...I get knocked down again with some cold from hell or something. It's only around in the mornings and at night. I swear. It's nocturnal. My whole upper body is congested and so I breath through my mouth when I sleep and I wake up feeling like poo. So then I'm grumpy until I've eaten and showered and brushed my teeth (all of which makes me feel progressively better). Then as soon as I lay down at night, wha-BAM! Congested again. And I can't help but wake up every few hours realizing my nose is no longer functioning.

That was probably way more than anyone wanted to know about the recent activity here at Alisha's body, but it's the reason for the lack of blog posts/knitting activity. When sickness mode 1 hit, I was incapable of doing anything. I was good at one thing: laying around miserable until falling asleep. So there was no knitting, despite the gung-ho attitude on the hemlock ring of awesomeness.

Sickness mode 2 (this weekend's sickness) has left me with the late morning to the evenings to knit. And knit I have! I finished my friend's oh-so-manly fake isle hat with earflaps and tassels. However, I am stupid, and forgot to take a picture of it before giving it to him. He is very very happy with it, and even asked me how to take care of it. What a good lad. He is very grateful of its woolly goodness.

I've started round 3 of the endpaper mitts (cast on last night and knit the ribbing for the cuff). Today I worked the 3 repeats of the fair isle at the bottom, and I think over the next two days I'll do the thumb gusset part. That part takes a while.

Lastly, hemlock and I have renewed our love for one another, and I'm chugging along. I just timed one of my last rounds (just knitting) and ladies and gents, it's taking me 12 minutes just to do a round. Aaaah! I even tried to figure out about how many stitches I do per minute. I think I'm pretty slow - only about 35-40 stitches per minute, but then again, I'm shifting the stitches around on the cable needle because the whole project is getting sooo heavy! Eeek!

I would stick a few pictures of it up, but it LOOKS exactly the same as the last time I took a picture of it. It's just lumpier and there are somewhere around 150 more stitches on the needle. It's boring, I swear. But two people actually added it to their favorites on ravelry! Wow! I was so excited. And then I looked at the pictures I had put up of it and went: "...why?"

Guess I need to take advantage of Nathan's camera a little more often. I think I actually use it more than he does. Hehe.

Also in the land of good news - I'm all set up to work from home over the winter holiday break from college, which means that while I work and wait for pages to load and things, I can be knitting! I love multitasking! I'll be making money, and making presents! I just have to resist the urge to cast on for a new pair of socks for me. I had to restrain myself from restarting my Bayerische socks just a little while ago, actually. They'd just be sooo pretty on this shimmery yellow wildfoote sock yarn I have. Ah, I want them.

Next time: I hope to have the lace edging started for the hemlock going. That's going to take a looooong time, and I'm going to have somewhere in the neighborhood of 500 stitches to work. Oh my god. Also, here's hoping I'll have the pink endpaper mitt #1 close to finished. And then I have to work on the print o the wave. And my brother's scarf. And another glove for Nathan. And socks for mom and dad. Oh my goodness. How many days until Christmas again? Let the countdown begin.

22.

*runs screaming*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home