Saturday, February 2, 2008

Noro Scarf

Started Wednesday evening of 1/30/08, finished Friday evening 2/1/08.




Yarn: 2 Skeins Noro Silk Garden Lite
Needles: US size 4 straight
Notes: I dove right in to this one. I picked out two skeins of Silk Garden Lite that I liked, came home, and kind of arbitrarily grabbed a set of US 4's and cast on 24 stitches. I worked in k1,p1 rib for the entire length of the scarf. I alternated which skein I knit from every two rows, and slipped the first and last stitch of every second row of the current color to hide the carrying yarn.
I love this scarf, and my friend seemed to be very happy to receive it. I'm glad I gave it to someone who can appreciate it just as much as I do. She was mesmerized by the colors.






I apologize for the poor pictures - it was very rainy and grey today outside, so I didn't have the best conditions for scarf-photographing. In the process of trying to photograph the scarf, I discovered that trying to take pictures of a scarf is actually rather challenging. These were some of the better pictures I took.

Next up to do is a baby blanket and a pair of mittens. I'm kind of starting to discover that when I knit for other people, I am more motivated and excited to knit. When I knit for myself, I drag my feet and take forever to do anything.

Maybe I can trick myself into thinking that I'll knit that cable luxe sweater for my roommate. I'll let you know how it goes.

4 Comments:

Blogger Anne said...

Your scarf looks lovely - I love Noro as well. I've made a scarf and a poncho with it. I have some more Noro waiting to be knitted up as a scarf.

February 2, 2008 at 4:51 PM  
Blogger Emily said...

Hello! I noticed your page added to the knitting blogs webring and wanted to say hi.

I am head over heels for Noro yarns! Your scarf turned out really well

February 2, 2008 at 7:09 PM  
Blogger KnitaSaur said...

Oh, that is beautiful! Taking pictures of scarves is difficult--they are so long! And it's especially hard when there are so many pretty colors, 'cause if you take the picture focusing on one area, it doesn't show all the other colors. But, that is a great scarf!

February 3, 2008 at 12:44 PM  
Blogger Chrissieday said...

Hi found your site on the knitting rings page your scarves are yummy, I am from over the pond so hop on over and log on to see a bit of uk knitting do not get enough traffic from the states so will be happy to see you

http://chrissieday.wordpress.com
try hanging the scarves up to shoot

February 3, 2008 at 2:20 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home