Wednesday, July 2, 2008

Garter and Seed Baby Blanket

I am very happy to say that this is finally completed.



It's been a long time coming, but the end result is definitely worth it.




Although my measurements were a bit off, I've still created something that a brand new baby out there is (hopefully) going to get a lot of use out of.




I loathed the process of knitting this thing, but now that it's done, I really like it.




It's big enough to keep me warm, so I'm crossing my fingers that this will see a lot of years of warming little (and big!) people.




Mostly, I really hope that someone else can snuggle into it and appreciate it for the warmth and comfort it provides.




I know I have in the last couple of days. And weirdly enough, now that I'm finally finished with this behemoth I've had such a poor relationship with the last several months, it's hard to put it in the mail and be done with it. Having to part with this one (simple and plain as it is) has made me wish I had a hand knit blanket I could call my own. There's something about it that feels so much warmer - knowing that a real pair of hands made the object makes it so much better than anything you could buy in a store. I love that about this blanket, and as as much as I didn't like knitting this one, I think I'd like to knit a blanket for myself sometime before the year is up.

It's funny how we change our minds about things, isn't it?

5 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

This is beautiful

July 3, 2008 at 7:32 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Super cute, I love how clean and fresh it is in the white.

July 3, 2008 at 8:46 AM  
Blogger Steffi said...

That is a gorgeous afghan! Just perfect.

July 4, 2008 at 7:08 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

OUTSTANDING! You look very bunky in it and I am certain the baby will too. Love HaHa and Chi Chi

July 8, 2008 at 4:41 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh you look so snuggly in it! It'l be so dificult to give away!

July 10, 2008 at 5:18 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home