Wednesday, November 14, 2007

Holidays...what?

So I recently realized that it's November. And November is typically followed by December which means it's that time of year...and this year I'm knitting things. This is new for me. I knit a few things last year, but they weren't very well planned out, or the things I was going to try to make were rather unrealistic. This year, I've tried to stay on top of things. I bought some yarn (and a friend bought some yarn for me to make her something, too) last weekend.

There's some pink and pink yarn for yet another pair of endpaper mitts:

Gotta love the baby ull. Mmmmhmm.

Also, I picked up some really neat sock yarn that was on sale. I cannot resist le sale bins. I've never heard of it before. It's called Ditto, and it's a 75% superwash 25% polyamide, which is fine. I've started knitting with the more brightly colored of the two balls, and it looks REALLY neat. I'm looking forward to finishing a few pairs with this stuff.

Lastly, I grabbed a couple of balls of this really really nice 100% baby alpaca laceweight yarn. I asked the woman at the store where I could find lace or cobweb weights, and she said: "You're pretty brave!" I'm not quite sure what that's supposed to mean, but she was very friendly and showed me a few example pieces of the laceweight yarns she had available. This stuff isn't terribly fuzzy, which I like. It's a gorgeous deep reddish burgundy with a little bit of shine to it. This will definitely be a Christmas present/housewarming gift for my grandparents. Mmmhm. Print 'o the wave stole. I hope.

I have two more fingers and a thumb left to go on Nathan's gloves (by Saturday). No sweat there. I did rip and redesign (again) my friend's hat, but I think I've finally got something that'll work. I seem to recall having said something like this last time, but oh well.

Boring update I know, but since I'm doing knitterly things, I felt the need to share.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home