Wednesday, February 6, 2008

Not as a I promised...

Alternately titled: How to make a mitten, part 2.

I know in my last post I promised shiny pictures of the cable luxe tunic, but I didn't take them. I've been working on the thing, but it doesn't look a whole lot different from the last time it was photographed. Just a little bit longer. Pictures will have to wait.

To distract you from this distinct absence of sweater pictures, look at this! Some handwear for a friend (which you may remember from "How to make a mitten, part 1"). She's requested diamonds in random-looking positions, which I have attempted to do.

I would really have preferred knitting these in wool. The cotton sags and doesn't hold the shape as well as wool does. They look all right when placed on a hand, though.









Tonight I'll do the fingers and thumb, and maybe get started on the second one. In the pictures I tried to adequately depict the diamonds. They're just made with purl stitches, and are kind of arbitrary. I'm going to try to match glove #2. I'm starting to think it might have been a good idea to take notes on the positioning of the diamonds. Oops.

On last post's theme of changes: this weekend is going to be action packed! For me, anyway. Nathan's going to visit here on Friday. My roomie and I are having a few people over for a couple hours on Saturday, and then Nathan and I head up to Washington. A friend is house sitting the most obscenely huge house I have ever been in, and would like us to come and have a relaxing evening. We got the opportunity to do this last year, and it was SO much fun. It was such a treat. The house took an hour just to tour! It sits right on the vancouver river, and has a pool and hottub looking out over the water. I promise to take pictures. It's beautiful, and it's a joy to be able to stay for a night. I think I enjoy the view more than anything else. The house is kind of spookily gargantuan.

I must be brief(ish) tonight - I have gloves to finish, horrible boxed pasta to eat, and...maybe a finance midterm to study for. Here's hoping it goes well!

P.S. A big fat hello and warm welcome to everyone who has found my site via the knitting blog ring. I was getting maybe 9 or 10 hits a day on this site (which I was happy with), but the day I was accepted to the ring, I got 89! Goodness! I hope I can hold your attention for a little while. Leave a comment with a link to your site! I want to see your work!

3 Comments:

Blogger KnitaSaur said...

Cotton isn't so great for popping designs, is it? I like them though! Great color and look like they'll have a great fit. I bet you're friend will love them!

The knitting blog ring is great isn't it! I jumped to nearly 200 hits for the first little while. :)

February 6, 2008 at 9:40 PM  
Blogger KnitaSaur said...

You've been tagged :)

February 11, 2008 at 1:46 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

See, now you are smart and you make the cuffs of your mittens really long. I never seem to be able to do that, I think I'm too impatient to get to the thumb shaping.

And my wrists stay cold.

February 11, 2008 at 9:29 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home