Saturday, November 24, 2007

Ah, post-holiday holiday knitting.

I have to apologize for the lack of posting. I promise it isn't from a lack of knitting, it's just that I think too many word-filled posts are boring, and since my digital camera takes really horrible pictures, I don't use it.

I hope everyone had an enjoyable thanksgiving experience. Mine was pretty nice, although a little more time visiting with my parents would have been nice. A full house makes one-on-one time kind of difficult when there are always people talking to you. But it was nice to have the time I did have.

Nathan and I ate two thanksgiving dinners - one at his family's house at 3, and one at my house at around 6. I didn't feel so good that night. Hehehehe.

But now that the feasting is finished, the knitting is looming before me. The list I have of the things I need to knit is taunting me, challenging me. This will be the biggest challenge for me yet as a knitter. I visited a local yarn shop a couple of days ago to stock up on a few things I needed:
  • one ball of lamb's pride worsted weight wool/mohair in green, one ball a heathered brown
  • one set of US 4 straight bamboo needles
  • one set of US 2 DPNS
The lamb's pride is for gloves (round two!) for Nathan. He liked the ones I made him, and has been wearing them, but the fingers are too short. I made the fingers just a teeny tiny bit too short, so he's worried about them getting ripped up. But he has commented on how warm they keep his hands, which is what I was going for. So I've got a pair of green gloves in a thicker material with longer fingers going right now. Glove one needs 3 more fingers.

The bamboo needles are for the print 'o the wave stole. I was using some of my grandmother's metal needles, but the points were blunt, the needles were horrifically slippery, and I was almost to tears with frustration at how slow things were going by the time I finished the first pattern repeat. So I went out and bought some bamboo needles, and the first repeat went by in about a quarter of the time it took me to do on metal needles. Hooray, it suddenly seems like I might actually be able to finish the piece!

Lastly, the DPNS are for socks. I have some size twos (all of my needles were a gift from my grandmother. Her hands just don't have the capability to knit anymore, so when I picked up knitting, she walked into her office, rooted around for a while, and returned with a box marked "knitting needles" with old circular, plastic, and metal needles, along with a few vintage patterns. YAY.), but they're plastic and kind of bendy and I'm always afraid I'm going to break them, plus I just don't like the way they feel. I got metal DPN's...some for socks, and some for doing yet another set of Eunny Jang's endpaper mitts. This makes 3 pairs for me! Haha!

In other news, I finished my friend's hat. It was submitted to him for approval a few minutes ago, and he loves it! Pictures to follow tomorrow, provided I can find Nathan's camera. His room looks like a clothing bomb went off. Aaaah!

Hooray for updates, eh?

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Who knows where to download XRumer 5.0 Palladium?
Help, please. All recommend this program to effectively advertise on the Internet, this is the best program!

November 17, 2009 at 9:32 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home