Monday, February 25, 2008

New and exciting content!

Yay!

Well, at least, I hope it's exciting for you. It is for me. Sometimes.

I've been working on a baby blanket over the last few weeks. It's going slowly because it's huge (a little less than 4 feet across), and because it's just...a blanket. There's nothing terribly interesting about it, although it is snuggly and warm, despite only being about a quarter of the way done.



I bought 4 balls of yarn (225 yards each) for this blanket, which I hoped would be enough, but ball one only got me about 6 or 7 inches into the blanket. I'm supposed to make it about 4 feet square. I'm not sure if I'll have to buy more or not...I did a three inch border in seed stitch, so I'm hoping that maybe not doing that stitch throughout the body of the blanket will help me get more out of my yarn. I hope. I really hope.

My awesome Gram sent me some yarn she bought while on her trip in England, and it hit me one day that it would work perfectly for a halter top design I've been doodling for months. I cast on for it a few days ago. It's worked in three pieces (or so I hope) - the front body, the back, and the boob-holder part. I've worked most of the front already.



This design calls for some negative ease. I'm a big fan of fitted clothing. However, I'm a little concerned that I've placed too much ease in my design. I might end up having to modify the stitch count and redo the whole thing, but I guess that's ok. That's what this process is all about, right?

Here's the part I'm both excited about and dreading (I hope you can kind of see it):



The back of the halter has a lacy pattern on it. It'll be worked back and forth (yes, this top could be worked in the round, but I just had a hankering for straights), and will reveal a little bit of skin on the lower and mid back. I hope this turns into a perfect summery top. I can't wait to get it finished. Let's just hope that it'll fit me.

One more thing: Joann's has a coupon online for 25% their entire stock of yarn! They've got a fairly decent selection, so check it out!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home