Sunday, March 9, 2008

Blobs are a girl's best friend

Because I certainly don't think they look like diamonds.





I decided this would be my first attempt at being "funky", so the gloves don't match. The diamonds are in different positions on each glove. I even did the thumb gussets differently. Yeah, that was totally on purpose. Totally.



I'm just glad to have these off the needles. It'll mean I can focus my full attention on the baby blanket (HA) and get that finished asap. Then I'll be free to focus on my own fun designs and all the projects I have laying around to finish up.

I'm glad the recipient of these gloves likes them more than I do. She picked up a finished one and put it on, then said: "Oh my God! It fits like...like...a glove! HAHAHAHAH!" Yeah, she couldn't believe she actually said it either. I hope she gets lots of wear out of them.



I wasn't planning on making a pattern for these just because they're so simple, but if anyone actually likes them, I can put up some guidelines or something for how to create them.

I know the people who visit the blog typically are more knit happy than spin happy, but I wanted to post this image just because I think it's an interesting comparison.



The little skein on the left was created using the navajo plying method, and the skein on the right is a 2 ply. It's pretty amazing how big the difference is, I think.

Now that I've finished something up, I have to go and continue my war with the baby blanket. Wish me luck.

3 Comments:

Blogger cosymakes said...

good luck! love the spinning pic. are the yarns the same weight?

March 9, 2008 at 6:11 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think those gloves are really cute!

March 10, 2008 at 7:34 AM  
Blogger KnitaSaur said...

Those are so great! I"m glad your friend likes them--but how could she not! What's the yarn again? Great color.

Oh, and I love that you include spinning--changes things up a bit.

March 10, 2008 at 8:42 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home