Monday, March 17, 2008

Happy Green Sweater Day!

Yeah, that's right: Green Sweater!







Pattern: Cable Luxe Tunic (Purchasable from Lion Brand online)
Needles: US size 8
Modifications: I made this into a fitted sweater rather than a swingy tunic. I also made the sleeves fitted rather than flaring open, and I decided to go with a k2 p2 rib for the yoke instead of garter stitch. I wanted to create an edge that was stretchy/fitted enough to stay up at my shoulders. The end result is exactly what I was hoping for.
Notes: I was thinking on my way home from Nathan's house last Monday morning about how Eunny Jang supposedly knit her Venezia sweater in 5 days. I needed something green to wear for St. Patrick's day, and I decided I would knit the remainder of my cable luxe tunic by Saturday. And man, I did it. I was weaving in the ends Saturday afternoon. I couldn't be happier with the result.

Check out those seams.





I've gotten a ton of compliments and looks of amazement from my fellow college-going friends, and my parents can't wait to see it when I head home for spring break (yeah!). I'm so happy that everything worked out precisely as I wanted to and I ended up with a great sweater. I have to admit, I kind of feel like an invincible knitter at the moment. It feels pretty good, and I'm looking forward to the next project (which is a secret for another few days. Then you'll get the updates). My sweater and I wish you a very happy St. Patty's day.



6 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well I am just totally in awe! An already complicated pattern which you then modified and managed to complete to a deadline. It's a tryly beautiful FO too.

March 18, 2008 at 12:37 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, I really like the ribbing modification. This is so nice!!

March 18, 2008 at 7:19 AM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's gorgeous, I really like the ribbing modification. This is so nice!!

March 18, 2008 at 7:19 AM  
Blogger Irie said...

Absolutely beautiful sweater! You've shown such perseverance, dedication, productivity! I can't think of a better way to NOT study for finals... :)

March 18, 2008 at 7:41 AM  
Blogger cosymakes said...

now that! is a beautiful sweater. i can see why you were mad you couldn't post it yesterday :)

March 18, 2008 at 7:58 AM  
Blogger Krista McCurdy said...

beautiful! I love the colour, too.

March 18, 2008 at 11:45 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home