Sunday, March 30, 2008

Recovery

I'm back! From my trip to southern California, that is. Having a few days of sunshine and getting the chance to visit with my Grandparents was superb. Getting there and back was difficult, though - our first flight left late, so my parents and I ended up having to run to our connecting flight in Las Vegas only to get to the terminal just in time to see the plane pulling away from the building. Spending the night in an airport is NOT on the list of things I ever want to do again, that's for sure.

We wandered around some boutiques in the downtown area of my Grandparents' town. My Gram took me to the LYS...I'm not sure if any of you remember me mentioning a certain flowy top I wanted to create with mohair held double on size two needles, but...um....let's just say there are 7 balls of Crystal Palace mohair in my car right now and there's a size two needle holding some stitches in place.

I also got to see Oklahoma(!) live. Entertaining, if a little long.

As for knitting, I've only done some small things. I just took a set of size 2 DPN's with me so I could work on a sock or something while I was on planes, but that didn't really happen. I made a cute little ipod case with a wooden button with some leftover silky wool I had. Nathan and his family bought me a brand new ipod as an early birthday present. I was (and kind of still am) speechless. My last ipod was either stolen or severely, severely misplaced. It was a really wonderful birthday gift. I need to brainstorm some ideas to make sure his 21st birthday (not until September, foo) is just as good.

Thursday before my flight out of LA, my Gram and my parents and I went and wandered around Rodeo drive, which was pretty neat. My Gram insisted that I get a dress to wear out on my 21st birthday, so I'm now the proud owner of my very own "little black dress". There will be photos next week, I promise.

I know I don't have any pictures today, but I just wanted to make sure to get a post up here to prove that I'm alive. Spring term classes start tomorrow, so I'll be back to school-work-yoga-knitting again soon. I've been told that the big beastly baby blanket doesn't need to be 4 feet after all, which is both good and bad - good because I don't have to knit 4 feet of blanket, and bad because I already bought the yarn. Oh well, can't win them all, eh?

In other news, Stephanie Pearl-McPhee (aka YarnHarlot) is going to be in Portland on April 22nd. Anyone from the area heading up? I think I'm going!

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

Glad you had such a great time. It's only right that you should have a yarny souvenir too!

April 1, 2008 at 12:14 PM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home