Friday, March 21, 2008

Simple Cabled Bag

Here's that secret project! It was my Mom's birthday present this year (her birthday is on the first day of spring!), and she absolutely loves it. She claims it will accompany her the next time she visits Saturday market.





Here we see the bag, studying up on its astronomy.

I'm actually going to put up the pattern for this one because a) it's really simple and b) I think it makes a cute and functional little market bag. I've even put buttonholes on this one, so that buttons can be added in the future.

The bottom of the bag is plain reverse stockinette, and then simple cables up the body of the bag for just over a foot. The top of the bag is seed stitch, and then I created two "ropes" of I-cord and twisted them together to make the strap, which I quite like.





I've got one (rather poor) shot of the bag in action, but I swear, it looks better when being properly used.



I'm very happy she likes it, and I'll put the pattern up (free!) this week.

Yesterday, Nathan and I headed home to Central Oregon. We're officially on Spring Break now (yay!). I took a couple of pictures on the way home just because I think Oregon is fantastic.

Here's a shot of how green the world is in this part of the country:



The greens are so vivid! I always think of movies like the Lord of the Rings when I drive through this part of the forest. I half expect to see hidden castles on the other side of the river. It's very beautiful!

Then, just a few miles up the road, we see this:



I drove through all kinds of weather yesterday! Sometimes I really like to just appreciate the natural beauty that I'm fortunate enough to live in. It's really something, isn't it?

On Tuesday, my parents and I are heading down to sunny southern California to visit my grandparents. It'll only be for a few days, but I'm very excited. I hope I can decide which knitting projects I want to take with me, and I really hope they don't make me give up my size 2 DPN's before I get on the flight!


Until next update...Happy Spring to everyone!

4 Comments:

Blogger Irie said...

Nice bag, lovely photos of our beautiful state! Have a great spring break!!

March 22, 2008 at 9:48 AM  
Blogger Unknown said...

The photos of the green forest looks amazing, be well during spring break
willie

March 23, 2008 at 8:49 AM  
Blogger MRS MJW said...

your bag is so pretty. i love that blue.

March 23, 2008 at 9:30 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Love the bag! Look forward to seeing the pattern. Have a great time in California btw.

March 25, 2008 at 3:00 AM  

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

<< Home